Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vingt Septembre:
Rachie and I went to mass at Notre Dame with the Arch Bishop of Paris. It was a bit hard to follow the French, but luckily my homestay parents gave me a French missal so I could try to follow along and respond! Thankfully there was an extremely loud Frenchman sitting behind me so if I messed up no one could hear! Notre Dame is breathtaking.


Vinght-cinq Septembre:
Shoe exhibit with runway on the Champs-Elysees. Got to see a very cool display of old/new designer shoes! My friend Ryan and I worked the hot pink catwalk.


V
ingt-Six Septembre:
Daytime: La Fete De Jardin. Rachie, Ryan and I went to Parc Belleview, the highest park in all of Paris. At this park we admired the AMAZING view, listened to live jazz, watched two hippie girls dancing, and borderline stocked a boy who was hackie sacking. Oh and Shannon I took really cool abstract pictures of urban graffiti/art that you’ll really like. All together a great day.
Night time: (Don’t worry dad, although I am of legal age to drink in this country I am not yet 21, and therefore strictly steer clear of bars ;-) ). But hypothetically speaking, if I had gone to a bar on this Friday night it would have been called Footsie. This bar was Stock market themed, so the prices went up or down based on supply and demand! Every 300 seconds the price would change, and next to the prices there would be either a red arrow pointing down or a green arrow pointing up. Ex. if more people bought win then the price would go up, if people didn’t by Heineken the price for that would go down. If only Santa Clara taught Econ classes like this.


Trente Septembre:
Bridget buys her first Paris Vogue… After politely asking (in French non the less) for the Octobre Issue of Vogue. I was feeling very French and tres chic when I tucked it under my arm and hopped on the Metro. This feeling abruptly stopped when I realized I was wearing two old navy sale tops, black target stretchy pants, and was listening to Taylor Swift. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment